eCommerce content marketing can help boost traffic to your website and products. If you have been considering investing in content marketing, it all begins with a content strategy for eCommerce marketing. There are several elements that may be included in an eCommerce content marketing plan; for example, SEO keywords can be used in product descriptions. Keep reading to learn content marketing tips that can help grow your business.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is a different approach than traditional marketing. Instead of always directly selling or promoting specific products, content marketing focuses on building and retaining a loyal audience that is attracted and engaged by a brand’s online presence and content. Content can come in the form of blog posts, relevant articles, videos, infographics, photography, simple text, podcasts, and more. The content can be educational, entertaining, or a combination of the two. The main idea of the content is to attract new viewers and retain old ones. Content marketing helps to promote brand awareness while providing viewers with the business story and/or mission statement of a company. Many people may know what you sell and how you sell it, but what they really want to know is why you sell it. You can convey so much more to an audience through content marketing rather than traditional marketing. By building connections with your audience and engaging with them, you can set your brand apart from the competition. You can build a loyal audience that will think of your brand first the moment they are in the market for something that your company offers. Satisfy those customers with a solid product, excellent customer service, and a touch of personalization, and they then can become fierce brand advocates for your company and products. When content marketing is done properly, it can convey expertise while making clear the ethos of a particular company. Not only should content marketing be done properly to demonstrate expertise, but it should also be done consistently to foster relationships with potential and existing customers. Consistent and engaging content has the power to make your audience feel like they are a part of your organization and that they are also invested in your success.
Why content marketing for eCommerce businesses is important
Content marketing for eCommerce businesses is important because we live in a digital and social media era where a large majority of people receive and consume information differently than in previous decades. Millennials and Gen Z are much more likely to consume information like news, entertainment, and advertising through social media, podcasts, blogs, vlogs, and other forms of digital media. Even the older generations like Gen X and Baby Boomers have embraced the digital media revolution. As an eCommerce business, to not participate in content marketing is to seriously handicap your ability to reach a wide range and great number of potential customers across multiple platforms and in all corners of the globe. For example, on Facebook alone, there are over 2.89-billion monthly active users, YouTube possesses 2.3-billion users, and Instagram contains 1.386-billion active users. To not participate in content marketing is to deny your eCommerce business access to this massive digital global marketplace.
Benefits of content marketing for eCommerce businesses
Having a well-developed and strategic content marketing plan has numerous benefits for an eCommerce business. Content marketing can help a business engage with its audience while building a long-term and loyal customer base. Aside from these benefits, there are several other benefits that need to be considered as well. Here is a breakdown of some of the most important benefits that content marketing can provide to an eCommerce business.
- Brand recognition and increased brand awareness: Content marketing allows you to be consistent in the delivery of the message behind your brand. Quality content can build emotional connections with followers as well as increase brand awareness.
- Better customer service: Content marketing can be used proactively to answer any questions or concerns that potential and existing customers may have about your brand, company, products, and/or services. By creating detailed product pages, instructional videos, and informational articles, you can empower potential and existing clients to do their own research and learn everything there is to know about your products before making an informed purchase.
- Cost-effective: Content marketing is much cheaper than traditional marketing and it ultimately reaches more people and generates more leads. Digital content can be shared and reposted multiple times on social media and blog posts, and if the content is insanely entertaining or interesting, it could potentially reach millions of users when it is shared. Traditional marketing avenues stop being effective as soon as there is no more money to keep the ad running. Traditional marketing methods like radio and television cannot be easily shared between users the same way content can.
- More enjoyable: Traditional marketing has a way of being annoying, intrusive, uninteresting, and pushy. Content marketing is more about attracting an audience by creating compelling content that they choose to see.
- Better SEO and traffic generation: By creating quality content and targeting specific markets with specific keywords, you can improve the SEO of your website and drive more traffic to your site by increasing your ranking in Google search results.
There are far more advantages than disadvantages when it comes to utilizing content marketing for your eCommerce business. Again, to not participate in content marketing is to severely restrict the number of people your message can reach.
Types of Effective eCommerce Content Marketing
There are many types of effective eCommerce content marketing methods. By creating informational blogs, captivating videos, or educational infographics, you can relay a lot of information in a way that will be well-received and leave a lasting impression. No matter what type of content you create, by using storytelling, you can help your brand build emotional connections with potential and existing clients that may convert to sales in the future.
5 content marketing tips to grow your eCommerce business
If you are new to the idea of content marketing, you may be a little overwhelmed with all the information that is available on the subject. Which methods are tried and true? Is there a wrong way to go about content marketing? How do I know if my content is engaging? Even if you are familiar with content marketing, these are all reasonable questions that an eCommerce business may have. Here are 5 content marketing tips to remember when you are hoping to grow your eCommerce business.
- Identify target demographic / buyer: Before you create any type of content, you should know your product inside and out as well as identify who your product is made for. Identifying the potential buyer can help you to focus your content marketing efforts in ways and in places that can be the most effective.
- Research and develop content: Your content should work to help establish your business as an industry leader, and you as an authoritative figure that can be trusted for specific insights into the industry. In order to do that, you need to research and develop your content so that it is conveying the exact message you wish to convey.
- Identify specific goals: When you are creating content, you should have specific goals in mind. Do you want this piece of content to increase brand awareness? to drive traffic to your site? Maybe you are looking to increase the number of followers you have? Your content should be created with a specific end-game in mind.
- Tell a story: Content that simply tries to sell a product or service can be boring, intrusive, and/or annoying. By using storytelling, you can help your audience build an emotional connection with your brand that will leave a much longer impression than a typical product ad.
- Measure results and track performance: Measuring and tracking the performance of your content is the only way to see what works, what doesn’t, and what you can change in the future to improve the quality of your content and reach more people.
Learn about Kickfurther
Creating unique content is just one way to help grow your business. As your business grows, you may need access to inventory financing. At Kickfurther, you can explore inventory financing that is up to 30% cheaper than other options. For small businesses or new businesses, accessing inventory financing can be challenging. Kickfurther was founded by an entrepreneur with the mission to help other entrepreneurs secure the inventory financing they need without it costing a fortune.